If you’re on social media even occasionally, you may have seen people post Instagram and Facebook Stories on their accounts. Whether it is a quote, a happy birthday shout-out, or a song, there are countless ways for people to share things through Stories.
But you’re probably thinking, how can this work for my own business? What is my business supposed to post? How can I get my business ads on a person’s Story feed? The Digital People are here to help and break it down for you. If you still have questions after reading this, we would love to hear from you. Now, let’s get into it!
What Are Instagram and Facebook Stories?
“Stories is an immersive creative format that enables people on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger to view and share everyday moments through photos and videos that disappear (unless saved) within 24 hours. Stories ads are full screen image, video, or carousel ads that appear between Stories on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger”, Facebook.
Now that we have the textbook definition, let’s dig deeper.
Stay Creative. Stay Real.
“Stories are a great way to visually share real moments. We’re seeing that Stories from businesses really resonate and drive results. People love Stories because they’re a playful and authentic peek behind the curtain into your business”, Facebook.
If you want people to interact with your Stories, they have to be interesting. It’s the same concept with normal feed posts, but on steroids. A Story not only has to be interesting, but it has to be eye-catching and involve a CTA (Call-to-Action). Viewers like and associate themselves with brands that give them more than just surface content. They want to see behind the scenes and up-close looks at products and the people behind them.
What You Can Post About?
Every business in every industry should be using Stories to their advantage. If you’re struggling to come up with ideas for Stories, here are a few examples to help get those wheels turning.
- Videos of new cars or explaining features
- Sales representative talking about specials
- Community involvement
- Videos of maintenance tips
- Videos of new arrivals
- Clothing try on haul
- Ask the viewers questions like “What do you want to see more of?”
These can go for any business, and you can tweak them to fit your industry! There is never a limit when it comes to creativity. Don’t put your business in a box, try something new every now and then.
How Do I Turn My Stories Into Ads?
Here are the steps for creating your own Story ads:
- Go to Ads Manager and click + Create.
- Choose an objective that supports ads in stories: App Installs, Brand Awareness, Conversions, Reach, Traffic, Video Views.
- Additional ad objectives for Facebook Stories: Lead Generation.
- Additional ad objectives for Instagram Stories: Lead Generation, Messages, Store Traffic.
- Click Continue.
- Choose an audience for the ad.
- Stories are included in automatic placements when you select a compatible objective. To view all of your placements, select Edit Placements.
- Instagram Stories is available as a standalone placement. You can include Facebook and Messenger Stories, as long as Instagram Stories or Facebook Feed are also selected.
- Click Continue.
- Choose the Facebook Page and Instagram account (optional) that represents your business.
- Choose Single Image or Single Video as the ad format.
- You can also use Carousel as your ad format for Instagram Stories.
- Add any images or videos to your ad and finish adding any remaining details. Make sure your images or videos meet the minimum aspect ratio and length requirements.
- If you chose an image and any compatible objective except Traffic (app or Messenger), Video Views, Messages, Conversions (app or Messenger), or Store Traffic, you can use Stories templates, a free design tool which allows you to customize your creative into a vertical Stories animation.
- You can also create Stories mock-ups in Creative Hub.
Do You Still Have Questions?
We would love to hear from you! Social media can seem overwhelming, but that’s why we’re here. You can contact our team with any questions you might have. Call us at (318-322-1914), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more Digital Tips, check out: